Mandala-Theatre Nepal also holds and conducts a variety of workshops and theatre training. With the objectives of strengthening the dynamic skills of theatre artists and to attract new generations in theatre, Mandala frequently organizes different kinds of workshops and trainings. Such training and workshop vary in their scope and focus from techniques and skills to introduction with different forms of acting and theatre.
- We have successfully organized many series of training in acting, direction, design, playwriting, puppetry-making, and management.
- Furthermore, workshops on different forms of theatre practices such as Theatre of the Oppressed, Playback Theatre, Street Theatre, Shadow Theatre, Theatre for Living, etc. have been organized to support the theatre community in exploring various mediums of expression.
- As Mandala Theatre Nepal takes theatre as a tool to transform the society, we also integrate different social awareness issues through such trainings and workshops. Mandala supported introducing Madalenas, a movement initiated by female theatre artists in Nepal in 2016 by organizing introductory and advanced-level workshops. Similarly, in 2019 Mandala organized workshops on gender and diversity sensitive work in theatre to deal constructively with the issues of discrimination and harassment based on gender and diversity.
- Mandala, with the initiation of its students, organizes school workshops on the theme of cultural heritage preservation through theatre and arts. As an extension of its Mandala’s international exchange project “Communities Connecting Heritages 2019” (funded by the US Department of States and in collaboration with Creative Connections and Regional Centre for Arts in USA), students of Mandala had conducted two series of school workshop in total 8 schools of Dhading and Chitwan district.
- We organize such workshops and trainings not only in Kathmandu but by extending it to different places in Nepal.