We have devoted ourselves in exploring, popularizing and preserving the varieties of traditional and indigenous theatrical forms of our society, and we look forward to working even more actively in the days ahead.
Mandala Theatre Nepal is a registered company that delivers theatre productions and related services. It is also registered as a non-profit organization to serve its respective vision and mission for social responsibilities.
The driving spirit of Mandala Theatre – Nepal is our people’s freedom, happiness and betterment. We envision a society that strongly appreciates and celebrates each other’s cultural diversity.
We want to develop Mandala Theatre – Nepal as an inclusive and open space that encourages and fosters dialogue, exchange and the celebration and strengthening of Nepal’s cultural diversity. In addition we strive to offer a platform especially to young theatre artists and activists to explore and collaborate for innovative performances and art-works.
Through our theatre and productions we are committed to develop and practice a creative style that is strongly based on Nepali theatre and culture, as well as deeply rooted in our desire to be a strong, yet, aesthetical, voice for social justice, political awareness and human rights.
M – Motivation
A – Aesthetic value and creative freedom
N – Nepali narratives
D – Diverse and decentralized
A – All-inclusive and accessible
L – Leadership that is shared
A – Alert and active
Objectives that the organization has determined to focus on within this Strategic Plan are:
- To explore and decentralize artistic theatre and related activities in Nepal
- To motivate and support local artists and activists to preserve their diverse and indigenous culture through theatre and related activities
- To provide communities with opportunities for celebration, recreation and togetherness through theatre performances and related activities
- To preserve and promote indigenous and diverse cultures in Nepal, art forms and literature through staging and documenting relevant performances
- To develop and practice a theatrical presentation-style that is innovative and based on Nepali culture and diversity
- To address and respond to current and past sociopolitical changes through theatre and related activities
(Note :The order of objectives does not reflect a prioritization.)