Mandala Theatre-Nepal is looking for two female Program Assistants for our Mentors for “Play Writing Project-2022” having familiarity with theatre and arts and interest in learning play writing. The Mentors will support the selected playwrights for developing their stories into the plays through online and in-person workshops and individual feedback. Program Assistants are expected to support mentors during the project.
|SN||No. OF POSITION||POSITION||WORK TYPES||MODE||WORK HOUR||BENEFITS||CONTRACT PERIOD|
|1||2||Program Assistant (Female)||Supporting Mentor for mentorship||Both online and in-person||20 hours per week||See below||5 months
(Starting from 1st June 2022)
Roles and Responsibilities
- To act as liaison between Mentors and Playwrights, Local Cultural Experts, Mandala Peacebuilding Team (MPBT) and Mandala Board.
- Responsible for arranging necessary meetings, taking meeting minutes, logistical tasks, financial settlement and do other tasks as per the requirement and instructions of Mentors, MPBT and Mandala team.
- Support Mentors to keep the Playwrights in communication with each other.
Required Skill, Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 10+2 degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as support staff or assistant.
- Basic computer literate having knowledge Microsoft Office Package and zoom operation.
- Empathetic, reflective and flexible attitudes.
- Good listener with sound written and communication skills.
- Should have knowledge of story/playwriting and enthusiasm to learn, practice and grow as play writer in future.
- Good in team work with prior experience of working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to come to Kathmandu for 15 days residential play writing workshop to be held at Mandala in September, 2020.
- Ability to work under pressure with proven track record of sticking to tight deadlines.
- Prior work experience or affiliation to any art organization (theatre, music, film) will be added advantage.
- Opportunity to learn and grow as professional play writer under the guidance, supervision and mentorship of renowned play writer/director.
- To learn from local play writers from different provinces having diverse backgrounds.
- To be part of 15-day intense Residential Playwriting Workshop to be held at Mandala Theatre-Nepal in July, 2022 and have hands on experience of writing good quality play.
- For residential workshop, all the logistical cost such food, accommodation, local transportation and two-way airfare will be provided by Mandala.
- The Assistant will be paid a remuneration of NRs. 30000/- (In words: Thirty thousand rupees only) per month for the period of 5 months on the base of working 20 hours per week on average. Flexible working availability is required.
Interested individual are requested to submit their CV and motivational letter via email: email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM of 28th May (Saturday) 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview session on 30th May (Monday). Please refrain from phone inquiries.