Mandala Theatre-Nepal happily announces open call for applications inviting enthusiast youths seeking to develop their career as theatre artists and teachers to apply for second batch of Mandala’s Drama School. With slogan ‘Theatre Schooling for Social Change, Conflict Transformation and Peace Building’, Mandala Theatre is going to host a one year long fulltime residential theatre training program starting from July 2023. The central aim of this program is to prepare sincere theatre practitioners and teachers having special focus on theatre’s capacity to transform society with a nonviolent and artistic approach. The program is supported by Civil Peace Service and combines acting training and participatory theatre work with methods of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
What is Mandala’s Drama School?
The program combines acting training and participatory theatre work with methods of conflict transformation and peacebuilding. It is a synthesized theatre course prepared by experienced national and international artists, peace workers, and teachers from Mandala Theatre-Nepal. A mixture of aesthetical contents together with tools to work on social issues, the curriculum creates an opportunity for experienced and novice theatre learners to sustain their artistic skills, talents and capacity by shaping it in structured methodology which will also allow them to intervene in fields of peacebuilding and conflict transformation. The curriculum will be facilitated by expert Nepali and foreign artists and teachers.
The training will be a fully-funded opportunity for its participants. A total of 12 students will be provided with a scholarship that contains tuition fee, food and accommodation, required materials, field visit costs and performance payment. They will be taken through extensive sessions of theoretical and practical processes that support their peer learning in one of the most fun ways.
Eligibility to Apply
There are certain eligibility criteria to apply for Mandala’s Drama School. If you think you have these, you can apply for this course.
- Age in between 20-35 years.
- At least 3-5 years active experience in theatre work or at least a bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Commitment to attend the whole course without any excuses.
- Strong dedication and commitment to work in theatre for social change and conflict transformation.
- Willingness and ideas to multiply the learnings from Drama School in future.
- Willingness to conduct research on local theatre or performance practices and elements.
- Strong belief in nonviolent artistic intervention for social transformation.
- Familiar with basic computer programs and online surfing.
- Willingness to learn and work in groups of diverse backgrounds.
- Empathetic, sensitive and willingness to reflect and adapt professional and personal behaviors.
- Good communication skills, different language skills would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills of different art mediums such as music, dance, painting, sculpturing etc. would be an added advantage.
- Candidates from unprivileged and marginalized communities in Nepali society are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning theatre for a better reason and could agree to our vision and terms about social transformation, you are cordially invited to fill up the application form by following the link below.