Mandala Theatre is seeking application from qualified national or international individual for the position of training facilitator for our upcoming play making workshop. The details for the position are listed below.
TOR – Terms of Reference
Training facilitator (National or International Position)
For 'Play Making Workshop'
Mandala is a group of young, enthusiastic, dedicated and diverse theatre workers. After long training and individual involvement in this field, Mandala Theatre-Nepal was formed to work together. We want to develop a participatory and inclusive space open to various genres of literature and inalienably linked to theatre.
The advancement of theatrical arts is our commitment; the production of innovative and creative works of art is our goal. We have devoted ourselves to exploring, popularizing and preserving the varieties of traditional and indigenous theatrical forms of our society, and we look ahead to work even more actively in the days ahead.
Our theatre is a strong voice for social justice, political awareness, and human rights. The driving spirit of Mandala is our people’s freedom and happiness.
Summary of Position
The training facilitator will facilitate a 17-days workshop on promoting director’s professional development in areas of technical expertise, awareness about socio-political issues and how to perform them on stage to support diversity, compassion and dialogue. She/he will offer relevant accompanying material and theoretical, as well as practical experience in the area.
She/he will work closely with Mandala’s Peace Worker Team to support Mandala in the implementation of this project, as well as its post-processing.
Content which needs to be covered
- Innovative play-design
- Socio-political-cultural analysis and integration into play-design
- Script analysis with a focus on plays supporting dialogue, compassion and awareness for diversity and socio-political issues
- Practical learning about aesthetical value in the production-process
- Director’s leadership skills and communication skills
- Steps of the production-process and director’s role and responsibilities
- Discipline as integrated practice for artists
- Integrated practice of highlighting challenges, limitations and potentials in theatrical work which engages with past or present socio-political issues
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant academic qualifications
- Various practical experience in bringing socio-political issues on stage
- Innovative play-making style
- Passionate about creating dialogue, compassion and awareness on socio-political issues through theatre
- High ability of self-analysis and self-reflection plus the ability to role-model it
- Ability to promote equality and empowerment in the workshop- and performance-space related to Gender and Social Inclusion
- Practical teaching experience in the relevant area
- Good communication skills in English
- Good communication skills in Nepali or Hindi
- Working knowledge on relevant socio-political contexts in Nepal
- Relevant international work experience
The workshop will be facilitated from 05.09.-24.09.2017, with two days rest in between meaning 19/21 working days. Based on the facilitator’s interest and availability, she/he is encouraged to join the selection committee of the participants from 29.08.-02.09., as well as a one-day introduction-workshop to the meaning of Do No Harm and Implicite Ethical Messages in Performing Arts on 04.09.2017. Please indicate in your application whether you would be available to join or not. Financial compensation will be considered in half-working days.
Depending on experience and expertise, the position can also be divided amongst two or more participants. Please clearly state on your application whether you will be facilitating with one or more facilitators or if you are only interested in facilitating explicit parts of this process. Please also state in your application how you would teach the relevant content of the training as outlined above. Please also indicate a preferred amount of financial compensation (daily rate) and note, that our donor organization will prove your qualifications and decide upon the final rate being offered to you. We apologize for any potential inconvenience caused and encourage you to clearly state your academic and practical experience in the CV for the best financial outcome possible. Travel and accommodation for facilitators not based in Kathmandu will be provided separately.
For further questions and inquiries please email to the above addresses.
Please refrain from phone inquiries. You will be contacted once the selection-process has started.
Please note that the realization of this project pends budget-approval.
Women, people with disabilities and/or ethnic minorities will be favored and are especially encouraged to apply.
Thursday, 05 July 2018
Wednesday, 04 July 2018
- Monday, 08 January 2018 दोश्रो पूर्वाञ्चल नाट्य यात्रासम्बन्धी प्रेस विज्ञप्ती
- Wednesday, 01 November 2017 THEATRE LAB 6 : Application Open