Mandala is a group of young, enthusiastic, dedicated and diverse theatre workers. After long training and individual involvement in this field, Mandala Theatre-Nepal was formed to work together. We want to develop a participatory and inclusive space open to various genres of literature and inalienably linked to theatre.
The advancement of theatrical arts is our commitment; the production of innovative and creative works of art is our goal. We have devoted ourselves to exploring, popularizing and preserving the varieties of traditional and indigenous theatrical forms of our society, and we look ahead to work even more actively in the days ahead.
Our theatre is a strong voice for social justice, political awareness, and human rights. The driving spirit of Mandala is our people’s freedom and happiness.
Summary of Position
The Design- and Documentation Officer will accompany Mandala’s project on promoting director’s professional development in areas of technical expertise, awareness about socio-political issues and how to perform them on stage to support diversity, compassion and dialogue. She/he will design relevant documents, such as Call for Applications, material developed throughout the workshop as well as assist the local Peace Worker in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning through documenting the workshop and the accomplishment of further tasks based on request.
She/he will work closely with Mandala’s Peace Worker Team to support Mandala in the implementation of this project, as well as its post-processing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- design relevant project-publications (for example call for application, certificates of participation or final report)
- photo- and video-documentation of the Workshop (video-documentation pending budget-approval)
- support the data collection and preparation of the final report based on request
- prepare a short video documenting the workshop not exceeding 30 Min. (pending on budget-approval)
- comply with donor’s rules on publishing relevant material
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in design of relevant outreach- and documentation-material
- Experience in photography and filming
- Working knowledge of relevant programs, such as Photoshop, Premier, InDesign
- Experience in working with the arts-sector
- Ability to work in a team
- High degree of social and communication skills
- Good communication skills in spoken English and Nepali
- Good verbal communication skills in languages of Nepal
All necessary equipment needs to be provided by the job holder.
The position will start on September 1st, 2017 and run for 30 days throughout September and October. Minor tasks prior to the starting date might come up and will be compensated throughout the official project-time in September and October. Please note: the work has to be completed by 27th of October 2017, otherwise the financial compensation cannot be fully paid.
Please indicate in your application a preferred amount of financial compensation (daily rate) and note, that our donor organization will review your qualifications and decide upon the final rate being offered to you. We apologize for any potential inconvenience caused and encourage you to clearly state your academic and practical experience in the CV for the best financial outcome possible.
Please hand in a Cover Letter, CV, names and contact details of two referees, and if applicable reference letters from previous relevant job experiences via email:
or as hard-copy at Mandala’s office in Anamnagar. The application has to be in English. Deadline for application is 23rd of July 2017.
Please refrain from phone inquiries. You will be contacted once the selection-process has started.
Women, people with disabilities and/or ethnic minorities will be favored and are especially encouraged to apply.